Wyoming Northern, owned by the Rosin Coal Company, operated an 11 mile line north from a connection with the C&NW Ry. at Lost Springs to the Rosin Mine from 1910 to 1912 and again in 1914 when the mine was closed. They also had a steam locomotive, type unknown at this time. Another mine, the Sunset, was one mile further north of the Rosin Mine. It's coal was hauled from the mine by an electric motor unit powered by juice from an onsite generating plant. The mined coal was then hauled by mule on a narrow gauge line south to a tipple near the Rosin mine for transfer to standard coal gondolas.
Last Update 05/01/04
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2004, Wyoming Rails. All rights reserved.