Amador Foothills RR June 07, 2004 -- The Final Run
Photos by Chris Kinoshita
Despite the beautiful weather, it was a sad day for railfans
in the foothills. This day brought an end to an era for towns such as Ione and Martell. Their much beloved
little railroad will run no longer. We can only hope the future will hold some sort of revival.
1. AFRR #10 idling in the morning sun awaiting the days work.
2. Returning across Hwy 49 from the mill with the last outbound loads.
3. Ready to depart Martell on the final run.
4. Heading downgrade at Sunnybrook.
9. Accelerating after a brief pause west of Stone Corral.
10. Approching Stone Corral.
11. With non-working signals, the crossing near Pete's Hole has to be flagged.
12. Posing for pictures at Martell.