1. #2 in her later life as Metropolitan Redwood Lumber #2. (Marc Reusser Collection)
2. #5 at Ione,CA. (Yesteryear Depot Collection)
3. Another shot of #5 at Ione,CA in the 1930's. (Yesteryear Depot Collection)
4. #7 resting at Martell,CA. (Marc Reusser Collection)
13. A second shot from May 04, 1970 of #9:2 at Martell,CA. (John Barnhill Collection)
14. #9:2 again at Martell,CA. (John Barnhill Collection)
15.-16. April of 2007 saw #9:2 under the scrapping torch. These shots are from May 13, 2007.
17. Baldwin #10 in her previous life as Southern Pacific #2121. (Jeff Black Collection)
18. #10 in primer before receiving her AMC paint. Martell,CA 7-18-77. (John Barnhill Collection)
19. #10 at Martell,CA in 1997. (Jeff Black image)
20. #10 at Martell,CA in 1996.
21-22. #10 was later reincarnated as Amador Foothills #10. Seen at Ione,CA March 01, 2000 (Dave Epling image)
23. #11 on a return run to Martell,CA. Seen crossing Hwy 88. Date, 1996.
24. #11 getting ready to switch the mill at Martell,CA. Same day a previous photo.
25. Here we see #11 at the Union Pacific yard in Roseville during Nov. 1997. (Duane Simmons image)
26. Another shot of #11 in Roseville. (Jeff Black image)
27. SW1200 #11 started life as Ashley Drew & Northern #178. Crossett,AR 7-30-75. (John Barnhill Collection)
28. Later she was renumber to ADN #1208 before coming to the AMC. Fordyce,AR 10-22-82. (John Barnhill Collection)
29. SW9 #12 began her life as Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri #12. Monroe,LA 4-4-85. (John Barnhill Collection)
30. #12 tucked away in the engine house at Martell,CA 1996.
31. On her way to the Quincy Railroad's Susanville operations. #12 is seen here in Roseville,CA May 1997. (Jeff Black image)
32. In service and relettered as QRR #12. Susanville,CA 2-5-03. (Dave Leland image)
33-34. When the Susanville ops shut down, #12 was stored servicable at the WPRM in Portola,CA. Seen May 28, 2005.
35. #12 was eventually restored to service at the QRR's Quincy operations. Quincy,CA 9-27-08.
36. Amador Foothills #10 sits out of service at Ione awaiting her next home. July 28, 2008.
1. Side-Slider #502 seen at W.Colton,CA. 2-06-77 (Ron Hawkins image)
2. Another Side-Slider, #516 (John Barnhill Collection)
3. 50' double door boxcar #1001, W.Sacramento,CA. 1-15-06.
4. Amador Central boxcars traveled all over the country. Here's #1017 at Shreveport,LA 10-21-06. (Bryce Dennny image)
1. The Martell depot on June 30, 1964. (John Barnhill Collection)
2. Contemporary photo of Martell depot. October 2001.
3. Partially collapsed freight portion of depot. May 13, 2007
4. Abandoned turntable at Martell, June 30, 1964. Rails to turntable have been removed. (John Barnhill Collection)
5. An October 2001 shot of the empty turntable pit.
6. Original Engine house at Martell, Oct. 2001. Note, roof has been reconstructed 90 degrees from original after a collapse.
7. Side view of old engine house taken Nov. 21, 2009, note the rails have been removed.
8. A more modern engine house at Martell was employed later. Seen here in October of 2001.
9. Veiw of the Martell yard taken May 13, 2007.
10. A switchstand in the Martell yard. June 30, 1964. (John Barnhill Collection)
11. Track crew work car sits just outside the mill gate. June 30, 1964. (John Barnhill Collection)
12. Amador Foothills Highrail truck inside the enginehouse at Martell. May 13, 2007.
1. The school ballfield next to the interchange at Ione once held a roundhouse, turntable and shop buildings. Photo taken from
approximate location of roundhouse with turntable approximately where the dugout sits. Shops sat just beyond.
2. Location at the wye of the water tank and sanding towers. The Amador Central depot sat just across the rails.
3.-4. Collection pond and pump site to supply water to the water tank.
The brick plant at Ione was once a major shipper along the Amador Central. Here are some shots of the
remains including where the spur left the mainline and the brick carts once used within the plant.
Locomotive #334 was assigned as plant switcher here for a time.
19. Ione & Eastern ticket stub. Note the Amador Central stamp over the railroad name. (John Barnhill Collection)
20. Ione & Eastern ticket stamped in Sutter Creek in 1907. Note the "L" shaped punches. (John Barnhill Collection)
21. 1926 Amador Central stub. (John Barnhill Collection)
22. An Amador Central freight bill from 1911. (John Barnhill Collection)