El Dorado Western RR (El Dorado County Historical Railroad Park)
The El Dorado Co Historical Museum is currently in the process of establishing a railroad park in El Dorado,CA on a section
of the old Southern Pacific Placerville Branch. Work is ongoing
to rehabilitate the line for future train rides. Currently the territory extends from Mother Lode Drive to Missouri Flat Rd.
Eventually more structures and trackwork will be added. Additionally it is hoped to dual guage the line and bring over their narrow guage equipment collection
from Placerville and extend operations to Shingle Springs. This page will continue to grow as events unfold.
1. Before and after placement photos of the new replica depot that has been constructed.
2. El Dorado Western Railroad #1 at El Dorado,CA. Loco is Plymouth model JDT, serial #5634, built 1952.
3. Flatcar MW1003 is being used for alot of the work. Car is ex US Army #35582.
4. Speeder #602, the Peabody, is ex Richmond Pacific. (Steve Karoly image)
5. Ex Southern Pacific caboose #1094. (Steve Karoly image)
6. 45 Tonner #5104 sits at Shingle Springs awaiting repairs to make her operational.
7. Camino Placerville & Lake Tahoe caboose #2 under restoration at Shingle Springs,CA for excursion serice.
8. Southern Pacific caboose #1188 on display at Shingle Springs,CA awaiting repairs for excursion service.