From the Dunhill Road grade crossing we can see the track divides
beyond the Broening Highway bridge in order to better serve port
facilities on the right. During 1915, triple track had existed
here and Dundalk Station had been in the grade crossing's northeast
The inset photo looks southwest along Dunhill Road to what had been the main
entrance to Baltimore Municipal Airport / Harbor Field. Prior to the airport,
this was the location of the Central Foundry Company to which a spur ran.
When Friendship / BWI took over as the area's primary airport, Municipal was
redeveloped into the Dundalk Marine Terminal.
Prior to Baltimore Municipal Airport, in 1920 the adjacent Logan Field
was the first commercial aviation facility in Maryland. During WW II the
US military turned Logan Field into a POW camp. After the war it did not
reopen as an airport but was remade into housing and the Logan Village
Logan and Harbor Field photos,
aerial by Baltimore Sun 1950s