Though Trolley Line #9's westernmost reach was near Main Street and Court
Avenue, this tour begins about a quarter mile east at the Patapsco River.
Stone piers from the trolley's bridge over the Patapsco are easily spotted
from the north side of the current road bridge. The bridge atop these
piers was of steel construction and single tracked. Other parts of this
line were double tracked.
As a reference point, B&O's Ellicott City station is less than 200 feet
away at the photog's back. The trolley's western limit was adjacent 8390
Main Street, and as such it was Baltimore's only line that ventured into
at Oliver Viaduct 1955,
view at end in 1955,
east on Main St. in 1955