EOS Digital Rebel XT
Boulder County Railway Historical Society
Display & Restoration Site / Valmont & Indian Rd.
Denver South Park &
Narrow Gauge Boxcar #608
in 1880 for service on the famed Denver, South Park & Pacific
railroad, this car was acquired by the Colorado & Northwestern in 1897
and used in the construction of the "Switzerland Trail".
In 1904, the car was set out at Cardinal (west of Netherland) and used by
the railroad as a bunk house. From the 1920's to the 1980's, #608
served as a summer cabin. Donated to the BCRHS in 2003, this is the
most complete of the two or three South Park freight cars known to servive.