Photo - 1920 F Stock
The District Railway
odered a fleet of 100 cars in 1920which were known as the F Stock. The stock was used on the District until
1950, when it was refurbished and transferred to the Metropolitan Line. Here a train
of the stock is seen entering Willesden Green sidings on the Metropolitan. The stock was
instantly recognisable by its oval end windows.
The F Stock was renowned for its ability to shift large crowds
and was popular for dealing with football traffic. Its wide spacious interiors with
few seats and three double doorways per car side were the main reasons for its high capacity.
Back to Coupling, Handing and UNDMs page