Facebook Page
West Cumbrian industrial railways

Derwent Railway Society

Home Events Phoenix Centre Officers   Membership Links Galleries Model Railways

West Cumbrian Industrial Railways

Click on thumbnail for a larger image

Askam Hall awaiting restoration at Haig Colliery Mining Museum, Whitehaven.  June 2003  Preserved mineral wagon at Haig Colliery Mining Museum, Whitehaven   June 2003 Yorkshire Engine Co. Works No. 309
Askam Hall awaiting restoration at Haig Colliery Mining museum Summer 2003 Ex BR mineral wagon awaiting restoration. Yorkshire Engine Company 0-6-0 at CorusRail Workington July 1999
Works No. 305 Outside the Rail Mill No brake gear on this internal user wagon.
YE 0-4-0 still carrying a United Steel Company works plate.CorusRail Workington July 1999 Works shunters CorusRail Workington July 1999 Bogie flat wagon on Railtrack exchange siding. CorusRail Workington July 1999
Lingmell at Haig Colliery.  41708 at the Port of Workington© Martin Creese. 41708 on the dock bridge © Martin Creese.
Lingmell was built by Andrew Barclay of Kilmarnock in 1927 and worked at Whitehaven's collieries. In September 2003 CorusRail at Workington (formerly British Steel Cumbria) celebrated 125 years of railmaking. Visiting preserved steam and diesel locomotives ran throughout the internal rail network.
The bridge forms part of the C2C cycle route.© Martin Creese. 41708 beside the sleeper mill.© Martin Creese.
41707 ran to the dock with a short train of loaded ballast wagons Many rail enthusiasts gathered in the early morning to capture this rare sight. "Snipey" a rare steam side tank crane locomotive at Millom ©PWR