With Harford Road is at upper left this old aerial photo reveals the
pre-Clough Street short siding along the southwest side of the Belt Line.
St. Lo Drive is at lower right.
At upper right Clifton Park was to be the home of Johns Hopkins University.
Henry Thompson, 18th Century owner of Clifton Park, served as President of
the Baltimore and Harford Turnpike Company that built the adjacent Harford
Road. After Thompson's death, in 1838 heirs sold the property to Johns
Hopkins who in turn bequested it plus his B&O Railroad stock toward the
formation of Johns Hopkins University.
Unfortunately the B&O stock was priced too low to fund new construction at
Clifton, so the university was temporarily situated downtown. It moved to
its present Homewood location after donation of that land by heirs of Charles
Carroll of Carrollton, the last living signer of the United States Declaration
of Independence who on July 4, 1828 laid the ceremonial first stone for the
construction of the B&O.
Johns Hopkins biography at Wikipedia