Transfer is the information exchange newsletter for participants in the
Rail-Marine Information Group (RMIG). RMIG is an organization of enthusiasts interested in
vessels, other equipment, operations and history of the transportation of
railroad equipment over water.
Click here to see the DETAILED INDEX of TRANSFER*, issue numbers 9 through 44
Except as noted, all are printed on glossy paper with illustrations and at least 20 pages.
Availability of printed issues is subject to change. Issues available only as photocopies are noted below. Most issues from No. 9 on contain the following departments: Rail-Marine News, Rail Marine On the Shelf, Letters, Addenda/Errata and Queries.
Transfer 1-8 1992 - 1993
- These are inkjet printer printouts of one-page columns from Tugbitts.
Transfer 9 - January - March 1994
- Seatrain, Long Island City Car Float Yard, Great Lakes Annotated
Bibliography Insert, $6/ea
Transfer 10 - April - June 1994
- Intro to NY Harbor Carfloating; Railroad Marine Services At New York;
Carferry Steamer Cape Charles
- 24 PP plus East Coast Annotated Bibliography Insert, $8/ea
Transfer 11 - July - September 1994
- Building an HO Carfloat; New Haven Diesel Tugs Revisited; Seatrain Part 2;
Long Island City Floatyard Update; East Coast Bibliography, 2nd Section, $6/ea
Transfer 12 - October - December 1994
- Lehigh Valley's 27th Street Yard; Seatrain Part 3; New York Float
Bridges-Part I-Pontoon Style, $6/ea
- Transfer 1-12.
- Digital scans of the original printed issues (.jpg format) all on one CD. $28 (counts as one issue for postage purposes)
Transfer 13 - January - March 1995
- Pacific Great Eastern's Maritime Operations-1913-1957; PGE/BC Squamish
Harbor; New York Float Bridges-Part II-Suspended Bridges with Separate Aprons;
Seatrain Part 4, Terminals (24 PP), $8/ea
Transfer 14 - April - June 1995
- Bay Ridge Update; Quick Course In Tonnage; Transfer Bridge at New
York-Breather and Catchup; Rail-Marine on Fringe; Seatrain Part IV-Finale;
Northeastern US Steel Carfloat Architecture--Overview (44 PP) (original issue was photocopied), $6/ea
Transfer 15 - July - September 1995
- Carfloat Model Photo Album; The Great Lakes Carferry Reconsidered; Oversea
Transportation of Railroad Equipment; Transfer Bridge at New York-III-The
Contained Apron Type (24 PP), $8/ea
Transfer 16 - October - December 1995
- Marine Operations, GLCF Reconsidered-Addendum, CPRail's A3 Vancouver Slip,
The Go-Float Concept (24 PP), $8/ea
- Transfer 13-16.
- Digital scans of original printed/photocopied issues (.jpg format) all on one CD (.jpg format) $28 (counts as one issue for postage purposes)
Transfer 17 - January - March 1996
- The Point Ellice Ferry Slip, Carfloat Construction Article, Rail-Marine News (20 PP) (photocopy only), $6/ea
Transfer 18 - April - June 1996
- Western Rivers Transfer Boat Project, Carfloat Construction Article - Part 2, Rail-Marine News (20 PP), $8/ea
Transfer 19 - July - December 1996
- Carfloat Construction Part 3 (Conclusion); St. Ignace MI Terminal; Brooklyn Dock Ry; Northeastern Carfloat Architecture Part 2;Steamer Pelican Part 2 (drawings); Ferryboat Rockaway; DL&W 1938, 60 PP, photocopied, $8/ea
Transfer 20 - January - April 1997
- New York Railroad Navy, Part I-Overview & Deck Scows, Milwaukee Road in Puget Sound (28 PP), $8/ea
- Transfer 17-20
- Digital scans of original printed/photocopied issues (.jpg format) all on one CD (.jpg format) $30 (counts as one issue for postage purposes)
Transfer 21 - May - August 1997
- CPRail's Tilbury Marine Terminal; New York Railroad Navy, Part II-Stick Lighters; Rail-Marine News; Rail-Marine On The Shelf (28 PP)(photocopy only), $8/ea
Transfer 22 - September - December 1997
- San Francisco Bay Paddle Tug Tiger; New York Railroad Navy, Part III-The Covered Barge; PGE Marine Operations Update; Rail-Marine News; Rail-Marine On The Shelf (32 PP)(photocopy only), $8/ea
Transfer 23 - January - May 1998
- Historical Tables of Car Ferry Lines of American Railroads-II, Railroad Tugs-Part 1, New York Railroad Navy, Part IV-The Steel Covered Barges, Transfer Bridge at New York-IV, The Harry E. Merlo, The Solano and Contra Costa (photocopied issue), $8/ea
Transfer 24 - June - September 1998
- Railroad Tugs Part 1A, NYC Nos. 30-32; PHOTOS;
NYC Propeller Roster; Railroad Floatyards;
C&O's 1957 Jumbo Car Ferry. 32 pp., $10/ea
- Transfer 21-24 Digital scans of original printed/photocopied issues (.jpg format) on one CD, $34 (counts as one issue for postage purposes)
- Transfer 25 - October - December 1998
- New York Railroad Navy Part V--Hold Barges;
Western Pacific's San Francisco Navy. 24pp., $8/ea
- Transfer 26 - January - April 1999
- The Pennsylvania Railroad in the Ports of New York,
Philadelphia, Baltimore and Norfolk. 24pp., $8/ea
- Transfer 27 - May - August 1999
- The B&O's 26th St. Yard (Manhattan); Golden State Rail Marine Bibliography Insert, 24pp plus 8 page insert, available as CD only, $10 ea.
- Transfer 28 - September - December 1999
- Color cover of Lansdowne at Windsor; Cargo Masts; Port Series Maps; Harsimus Cove Trackage; Bells, Whistles, Gongs & Jingles; Western Pacific Follow-up; Red Star Barge drawings; 26th St. Floatbridge Drawings; Railroading Along the Waterfront Commentary & Errata; Where Rails Meet the Sea Commentary & Errata; Canadian Pacific Operating Procedures & Schedules; photocopied, 36pp; available as CD only, $8 ea.
- Transfer 29 - January - April 2000
- Canadian Car Ferry Canora; Railway Ferry on Russian lake;
28pp., $8 ea.
- Transfer 30 - May - August 2000
- Milwaukee Road's Pier 27 Floatbridge, Seattle; the Railroad Navy of New York, Part 6A,
Steam Lighters; Lake Titicaca Ferry Tour; 32pp., $12/ea
- Transfer 31 - September - December 2000
- Railroad Navy of New York - Steam Lighters Part 2;
Baie-Comeau; Railroad Tugs Part 2; 28pp., $8 ea
- Transfer 32 - January - August 2001
- Russian Ice-Breaking Train Ferries; the Georges Alexandre Lebel at Baie-Comeau and Motone;
Rail-Marine in Baltimore Harbor in Walthers' Railroading Along The Waterfront;
Canora Revisited; 28pp., $10 ea
- Transfer 33 - September - December 2001
- Pipeline of future articles; Overseas Transportation of Railroad Equipment or Heavy Loads, part 2;
Carfloating in the Gulf of Mexico - 1990s Style; 28pp., $10 ea
- Transfer 34 - January - March 2002
- Tidewater Facilities, Portland, Maine;
Hampton Roads Grab Bag - plans for carfloat, lighter, floatbridge;
Sidewheel Gasoline Interurban Car Ferry Henderson;
28pp., $10 ea
- Transfer 35 - April - August 2002
- New York Central Tug Fleet Analysis;
Building the Walthers Tug Kit;
Moving Oversized Loads Over Rail and Water;
28pp., color front and back cover, $14
- Transfer 36 - September - December 2002
- Carfloats to Galveston;
New York Central Tug Fleet Follow-up;
Rigging for Heavy Weather Gear on Lake Michigan Car Ferries;
Special 12-page insert - Pacific Northwest Rail-Marine Bibliography.
- Transfer 37 - January - April 2003
- Bush Terminal; Lehigh Valley's Diesel Tugs.
- Transfer 38 - May - August 2003
- Launching Photo Album - B&O Carfloats 199-200;
Railcar Fastenings Around The World; Barge Handling in NY Harbor.
- Transfer 39 - September - December 2003
- B&O Carfloat Launching No. 198; Lehigh Valley Barge No. 79 Shipyard Renovation,
Photos & Drawings; Erie's 28th Street Station (Manhattan). 32 pages.
- Transfer 40 - January - May 2004
- Floating Grain Elevators; Lehigh Valley Covered Barge Drawing;
B&O Single Track Carfloat. 32 pages.
- Transfer 41 - June - December 2004
- Hopper Cars Ahoy, Richborough Transportation Depot and Train Ferry;
Solano and Contra Costa, Part 2, Tug Metamorphosis (GMA Conversion).
32 pages. $12
- Transfer 42 - January - June 2005
- Transfer Bridges at the Port of NY/NJ; LV's E. 149th St. Bronx Terminal;
Idler & Reacher Car Pictorial; Rail-Marine in Mesopotamia.
36 pages, $14
- Transfer 43 - July - December 2005
- Brooklyn's Waterfront Railroads Overview; Brooklyn Navy Yard Railroad; Docking the Solano; New York Lighterage & Transportation Co. (LV marine operation predecessor).
40 pages, $15
- Transfer 44 - January - December 2006
- Brooklyn's Jay St. Connecting Railroad; GMA Tugs; Seatrain Part IV; Seattle Pier 16.
48 pages, $25
- Add postage as follows (per issue or CD):
- 1: $2.00, 2-9: $6.45, 10 or over: $10.00
Overseas postage, add an extra $2.00 per issue.
All remittances in US$.
Click HERE for Order Form
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO JOHN TEICHMOELLER; checks payable to "RMIG" are not accepted by my bank and will have to be returned to you!
Prices and info valid until: 09/30/2016
After that date, request update with SSAE or send email.
[ Home] [ Background ] [ Membership] [ Meetings ] [ Related Links ]