Canadian Pacific Railway
John Street diesel engines
First diesels at John Street (maintained at West Toronto
shop) were Alco S-2's 7059, 7060 and 7061.
7020 and 7027 both in early paint scheme. Note the
two hand lamps hanging on the back of the cab;
Parkdale Yard diesel spur.
Scene of contrasts. Old ALCO yard diesel soon to be
retired pulling vans soon no longer needed.
Road power was assigned to St.Luc however, servicing and light repairs were carried out at John Street.
These 89mph FP7 units worked The Canadian and during layover a short trip to Hamilton and return.
TH&B 401 and 403 easily fit the 120 foot turntable.
There were three of these GP9 passenger units that operated in pairs
4094 one of five (4094-4098) FPA2 1600 hp 75 mph passenger
units. MLW #79170 10/1953
4066 looking pretty sad for a passenger engine. St.Luc
assigned. FP7A GMD A367 8/1952
The decline of John Street is evident in this weed
covered scene. 4071 a single unit for The Canadian.
VIA 1418 on John Street shop track during period when VIA's Canadian still operated over the CPR out of Toronto.
Rail Diesel Cars
RDC's were referred to as Dayliners to the public but were always known as Budd Cars.
These self-propelled cars were always maintained in the roundhouse not the car shop.
RDC-1 9063 Budd 6612 2/1957
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2014 2016 2017 2019