The H&D West Hamilton Station
This small station was built around 1910 on Emerson St to serve the then village of West Hamilton. The station remained in service with the H&D until September 5, 1923, when the line was abandoned. Aerial photographs show the station building was still standing in 1934, but had been demolished by 1943. Today, this is the site of Aitchison Lumber on Emerson.
Annotated 1934 aerial photo of West Hamilton, showing location of the H&D and West Hamilton station
West Hamilton station, date unknown. From left to right, "Bunk" Flaherty, unknown, unknown, Dave Davidson, Ernie Ball, Dick Robinson. (Photo from West Hamilton, a Village and a Church.)
Photo postcard of an HTC 1913 Preston-built radial car at West Hamilton station on the H&D at Christmas 1918. This photo postcard was actually used, but strangely enough it was mailed in 1949-more than 30 years after the photo was taken.
HRER #302 at West Hamilton station in 1920. From left to right, either Jim Jardine or Mr. Jennings coming down the steps, Stan Jones, unknown, David Searles, George Searles, Lizzie Prescott (Haye), three unknown, Flora Duffus (Huckstep), Mrs. Coope, unknown and Harry Filer. (Photo from West Hamilton, a Village and a Church.)
Jardine, David N. West Hamilton, a Village and a Church. West Hamilton Heritage Society, 1989