The HRER Oakville Station
In 1905, the HRER built an extension from Burlington east to Oakville. A new combined station and electric substation was built in Oakville, at the corner of Randall & Thomas Streets. Weekend service between Oakville and Hamilton began in March of 1906, with full service the following May.
The Oakville station remained in service with the HRER until August 3, 1925, when the line was abandoned east of Guelph Line. The station was turned over to Ontario Hydro and became a neighbourhood electrical substation for many years.
(All photos © Tom Luton, except where noted)
The north side of the station, facing Randall Street
The west side of the station. The large tower was the location of the electrical substation, and the windows are a recent renovation.
The south side of the station. The station is now home to Lilianne, a cosmetic beauty clinic and spa
This unused postcard shows HTC 603 at the HRER's Oakville station, circa WWI.