Other Hamilton Area Bus Lines
In addition to the Canada Coach Lines, there have been other intercity bus lines operating in and around the City of Hamilton over the years. Several independent bus lines were bought by the Cataract Company to expand its intercity operations to towns not served by radial lines. In late 1928 the Mountain Bus Lines, Highway King Bus Lines, and bus lines from Hamilton to St. Catharines and from Hamilton to Waterdown were bought up. On March 5 1929 the United Lines, the Pathfinder Bus Lines, the Comet Line, and two additional lines running from Hamilton to Milton and from Hamilton to Binbrook were bought. When the last of the radial lines were shutdown in 1931, the Cataract company bus lines were bought by Highway King Coach Lines, which eventually became Canada Coach Lines.
Hamilton Bus Lines
Highway King Bus Lines
HKBL began operations in 1922, shortly after the road between Dundas and Hamilton (Main St West) was paved. By 1928 HKBL had a fleet of 12 buses, all built locally.
HKBL #3 around 1923, location unknown.
HKBL #5 around 1927, location unknown.
An HKBL bus around 1925, location unknown.
Pathfinder Bus Lines
The PBL had the original license to run buses along what's now Hwy 6 between Hamilton and Guelph.
The front cover of a PBL bus schedule, date unknown.
The inside of a PBL bus schedule, date unknown.
Publicity photo of PBL #11 taken in 1927, location unknown. The chassis is built by GMC, but it's unknown who built the body.
The UL ran south out of Hamilton, along Hwy 6 from Hamilton to Caledonia, Hagersville and Jarvis.
UL #2 at Walnut and Main in 1923.