TrainWeb.org Facebook Page
 The South Division route

The South Division Route

Start of service: June 16, 1890
End of service: November 14 1891
Route: James & Guise to Herkimer & Queen. Later extended to Herkimer & Locke.
Antecessor routes: Plaid Route

June 16, 1890
The Plaid Route is renamed the South Division Route.

May 2 1891
The South Division Route is extended west along Herkimer from Queen to Locke.

November 14 1891
The South Division Route was merged with the Barton Street route to form the Barton, James and Herkimer route.

Sources

Hamilton Spectator
"Traveller's Guide" June 16, 1890, pg 3
“Brief Local Items” May 2, 1891, pg 1
"Better Street-Car Service - Several Much-Desired Improvements Soon To Be Made" November 6 1891, pg 8
“Brief Local Items” November 13 1891, pg 1

Mills, John M. Cataract Traction; The Railways of Hamilton. Toronto: Upper Canada Railway Society/Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association, 1971