The King Street West Route
Start of service: July 27, 1885
End of service: February 1, 1886
Route: From Stuart & Bay (Although the Grand Trunk Railway station at Stuart & Caroline was the advertised terminus) to King &
Locke via Stuart, James and King St West.
Antecessor route: GTR Station and King Street West
July 27, 1885
The King Street West Route ran from from Stuart & Bay to King & Locke via Stuart, James and King St West. However, the HSR depicted the nearby second Stuart Street Station
as the Stuart terminus.
February 1, 1886
A reorganization of the HSR's routes splits the King Street West Route. Service on Stuart is handled by the new GTR Station, James and Herkimer route,
while service on King St West becomes part of the James North and King West route.
"Traveller's Guide" July 27, 1885, pg 1
"Traveller's Guide" February 1, 1886, pg 3
Mills, John M. Cataract Traction; The Railways of Hamilton. Toronto: Upper Canada Railway Society/Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association, 1971