The GTR Station, James and Herkimer Route
Start of service: February 1, 1886
End of service: July 11, 1887
Route: From Stuart & Bay (Although the Grand Trunk Railway station at Stuart & Caroline was the advertised terminus) to Herkimer & Queen.
Antecessor routes: King Street West Route, James Street Route
February 1, 1886
A reorganization of the HSR's routes creates the GTR Station, James and Herkimer Route. Running from Stuart & Bay (Although the second Stuart Street Station
at Stuart & Caroline was the advertised terminus) to Herkimer & Queen, nicknamed the Plaid or Check route based on the paintscheme of the cars assigned to the route.
July 11, 1887
The GTR Station, James and Herkimer Route is renamed the Plaid route, no change in route.
"Traveller's Guide" February 1, 1886, pg 3
"Traveller's Guide" July 11, 1887, pg 3
Mills, John M. Cataract Traction; The Railways of Hamilton. Toronto: Upper Canada Railway Society/Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association, 1971